Impact Display Solutions specializes in developing customized display solutions to our clients’ exact specifications. Our design and engineering teams have the technical skill and experience to bring your LCD display plans to fruition. No matter what LCD panel types you need, our goal is to always exceed your expectations. We are experienced in the following technologies:
TOUCH SCREEN INTEGRATION
Impact Display Solutions is a distributor of over 20 lines of touch screen manufacturers. Whether you need standard resistive and capacitive touch screens or have specialized requirements, we have your solution. Talk to our team about your specific application, such as use with gloves, rugged environments, clean rooms and more. Because we have the latest touch technologies including IR, SAW, and multi touch solutions, we are your one-stop-shop for the LCD touch screen monitor products you need. Don’t miss out on the new products based on latest technological advances in this field. Examples of unconventional options include:
1. Projected Infrared Touch (15” to 70” diagonal)
PIT technology is a patented multi-touch technology. Based on the traditional infrared touch technology and the theory of total internal reflection (TIR), placing the infrared emission diode and reception diode on the lower surface of glass, the infrared beams generated by emission diodes are reflected through a prism light-guide specially designed and transmit across the front glass surface. Compared to traditional infrared touch technology, PIT touch screen has slimmer bezel, lower elevated height, and better multi-touch experience. Impact Display Solutions PIT touch screens have Win8 certification. PIT touch screens support multi-touch capability, allowing more people to touch the screen simultaneously. That allows users to have a better interactive experience. Compared to traditional infrared touch screen, 0.5mm ultralow elevated height enables PIT touch screen recognize human touch very accurately. Ultra-narrow bezel allows near-true flat appearance (as the touch transducers are placed under the screen). Protection performance enhancements are optional: waterproof or vandal-resistant.
Special feature: vandal resistant version of Projected Infrared Touch
With 4 mm and sometimes up to 6mm protection cover glass, rated IK09 which means they are protected against 10 joules impact (equivalent to impact of 5kg mass dropped from 200 mm above impacted surface). The IK rating scale identifies the ability of an enclosure to resist impact energy levels measured in joules.
2. Force Sensing Touch Screens (up to 32” diagonal)
Why Add Force Sensing?
As we all know, the biggest advantage of projected capacitive touch screens over other touch screen technologies is in the ease of implementation of feather-touch & multi-touch for gestures, but feather-style touching can lead to unintended activations in conventional projected capacitive touch screens. Adding force sensing overcomes that weakness of PCAPs. Force Sensing Touch Screens implement unintended touch rejection by ‘brushing off’ past accidents and it takes into account finger repositioning before selection. Force-sensing touch screen also enables new hand moves and menu-bringing features you can add to your product to enhance user experience.
Additional Advantages and New Movements Possible:
- ‘conductive’ fluids will not generate an unexpected touch event
- analog data for some applications eg. line width, velocity, “press-to-zoom” (“press-to-zoom” is a new user experience!)
- ability to control firing of haptics for real world feel using force threshold
- mouse emulation (mouse-over)
- true single finger UI possible
- glove performance is improved
- make unique shortcuts in OS with “peek & pop” movement
- 2 identified force positions (for example: two simultaneous users)
- ‘stretched arm’ finger re-positioning
Impact Display Solutions provides the following:
- Force Sensing Touch Screens including 21.5” and up to 32”
- Custom controller hardware
- Capacitance based measurement
- Sensor construction provides a very high signal for a small displacement
- Touchscreen can be provided ready integrated on a metal frame
- Compatible with sealant mounting tapes & gaskets such as VHB™
3. Curved Touch Screens for Gaming (21.5” to 42” diagonal)
Based on proven SAW touch technology, Impact Display Solutions has the capability of offering curved SAW touch screens in sizes of 21.5”, 27”, 32”, 35”, 42”. Furthermore, curved SAW touchscreens inherit and enjoy the benefits of SAW technology such as high reliability, protracted durability, sharp image clarity and vandal proofing. It’s the ideal touch solution for gaming and interactive kiosks.
SUNLIGHT READABLE DISPLAYS
So many applications demand a bright, vibrant, highly visible display in sun lit conditions. We address the need for bright displays through variety of innovative methods to enhance color, contrast, and brightness to maximize the clarity and impact of your message in very bright conditions. Don’t miss out on the new products based on latest technological advances in this area. Examples of unconventional options include:
- High-brightness customization for 4K/Ultra-HD resolution displays
- High-brightness customization for “bar” / “stretched”/ long-and-narrow display types
Impact Display Solutions has extensive experience supporting projects in some of the harshest environments. Whether you are dealing with extreme temperatures, wet, oily or dirty conditions we have LCD panel types that will work for you. We can create shock, vibration and impact resistant solutions. We are experienced with Mil Spec standards and can meet your engineering specifications. Don’t miss out on the new products based on latest technological advances in this field. Examples of cover options include (stronger glass substrates in order of toughness):
- Annealed Glass (not toughened, regular glass)
- Thermally Toughened Glass
- Chemically Strengthened/Tempered plain float glass
- Xensation glass (un-coated), specs:
- Young’s Modulus E: 72.9 kN/mm²
- Knoop Hardness HK: 0.1/20 590
- Poisson’s Ratio: 0.208
- Stress Optical Coefficient C (1.02 • 10-12 m² /N): 3.4 Torsion Modulus G: 30.1 kN/mm²
- Gorilla Glass 5, specs:
- Density 2.43 g/cm3
- Young’s Modulus 76.7 GPa
- Poisson’s Ratio 0.21
- Shear Modulus 31.7 GPa
- Vickers Hardness (200g load)
- Unstrengthened 601 kgf/mm2
- Strengthened 638 kgf/mm2
- Fracture Toughness 0.69 MPa m0.5
- Coefficient of Expansion (0-300°C): 78.8 x 10-7 /°C
Optical bonding can increase the brightness and contrast of a display. Typically, there are air gaps between the layers of the completed LCD assembly including the substrate, cover glass and touch screen. Optical bonding can be employed to strengthen the assembly and in most cases, to improve the overall brightness, contrast ratio and readability by mitigating the light reflection between the layers. We offer variety of bonding solutions to meet your LCD touch screen monitor requirements. Don’t miss out on the new products based on latest technological advances in this field. Examples of options include:
1. Dry Bonding with OCA
When you need to increase readability (especially in direct sunlight) by eliminating air gap between LCD and touch screen or protective lens, or both, Impact effectively achieves that goal with optical clear adhesive (OCA) lamination process. Dry bonding with OCA is an inexpensive bonding method with a reliable track record.
2. Wet Optical Bonding with UV Curing (up to 27” diagonal)
Performed in the U.S., Impact uses UV-curing process for optical bonding that involves no heat with a unique patented non-optical silicone OCR bonding material (urethane acrylate) to be brought into a gel state in a Class 100 environment. Wet bonding ensures superior quality over infrared/IR curing technique and solves any delamination concerns for customers compared to dry-bonding. The following options are available:
- Bonding to a touch screen of your choice to an LCD
- Anti-Reflective Lens (plain or chemically strengthened, single side or double side, 1.1, 1.6, 2.3, 3.0, 4.0, or 5.0 mm)
- Anti-Reflective & Anti-Finger Coated Lens (coated glass or polycarbonate for touch screen applications)
- AR/AG Glass (combination of Anti-Reflective coated and Anti-Glass, 812x635x1.6 mm standard sheet)
- AG Etched Glass (anti-sparkle fine etched anti-glare glass, single or double side options, chemically strengthened versions of 1.1, 1.6, 2.3, 3.0 mm)
- Chemically Strengthened Alumino-Silicate Glass (0.55, 0.7, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 mm thickness)
- Micromesh EMI Shielding (with replicated micro conductive grid on PET, plastic, or glass, </-0.5 ohms per sq, 89% light transmission)
- Mesh EMI Shielding (with woven mesh optimized for displays with silver busbar termination, non-glare or hard-coated laminated polycarbonate, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, or 4.0 mm, max size 500x660 mm)
- </-5 ohms ITO-Glass EMI Shielding (</-5 ohms per sq indium tin oxide =ITO coated glass, 80% light transmission, 1.1 mm plain float glass, max size 550x850 mm)
- 12-15 ohms ITO-Glass EMI Shielding (12-15 ohms per sq indium tin oxide =ITO coated glass, 89% light transmission, 1.1 mm plain float glass, anti-reflective options, max size 550x850 mm)
- 15 ohms ITO Coated PET EMI Shielding (15 ohms/sq ITO coated PET, 80% light transmission, 175um thickness, 48” max roll width, PSA option)
3. Wet Optical Bonding with IR Curing (55” and up diagonal)
Performed in the U.S., Impact uses IR-curing process for optical bonding that involves infrared heat to bring optical silicone OCR material to gel state. Used to optically-bond touch screens of your choice or variety of lenses similar to options for UV curing listed above but excluding Micromesh option.
ANTI-REFLECTIVE AND ANTI-GLARE SOLUTIONS
To optimize image quality in all situations, we can complete an analysis of your specifications and project environment and, if needed, provide AR/AG solutions. Don’t miss out on the new products based on latest technological advances in this field. Examples of options include:
1. Multilayer HEA® (High Efficiency Antireflection) AR-coated glass
Its brasion resistance rating: the coating shall be subjected to a 20 rub eraser abrasion resistance test and meet the requirements referenced in paragraph 4.5.10 of MIL-C-675C for sleeking at the area of abrasion.
2. EagleEtch glass from Europtec
Mostly using the 95 gloss, because compared to coated types, it offers more durability in harsh environments.
3. HD PrintFree coating by MAC
This is a very popular oleophobic AR coating on CT glass and also on-top of the AG glass to achieve “the Rolls Royce spec” of AR/AG/AF/CT.
OPEN AND CLOSED FRAME MONITOR DESIGN
For use with your own computer, media player, or video source, Impact can deliver completed closed frame monitor designs, or simply open frame display panels of virtually any size specialized for medical, gaming, military, industrial automation and more. Unique customizations are available upon request. Don’t miss out on the new products based on latest technological advances in this field. Examples of options include:
- Dust-proof & water-proof monitors
- For example, our 21.5” IP55/65-rated dust-proof & water-proof product with VGA & DVI inputs makes the monitor suitable for cleaning in medical environment
- High-brightness versions
- Optional built-in touch screens
- 4K/Ultra-HD resolution options
- “Stretched”/ “bar” / long-and-narrow types
CUSTOM-MADE “ALL-IN-ONE” INDUSTRIAL PERSONAL TOUCH SCREEN COMPUTERS / IPCs
Because Impact specializes in LCDs, touch screens, computer motherboards, and value-added enhancements & assemblies, we are able to put all those products into convenient “all-in-ones” / AIOs, which include enclosures with either desktop mounts or backside VESA mounts. Click HERE for list of standard models of 15.6” to 21.5” diagonal, which consist of HD LCD, 3M touch screen, PCAP internal Fujitsu computer motherboard, Avant memory, and other components that encompass full computer functionality with convenient use interface. Please contact us to modify a standard model or make a custom-made AIO product from ground up.
Many environments, such as aircraft and the medical industry are susceptible to the effects of electro-magnetic interference. We engineer a variety of solutions for EMI mitigation, to help reduce this type of interference. Don’t miss out on the new products based on latest technological advances in this field. Examples of options include:
- ITO-Glass or Mesh-Glass based EMI shielding - see section above about Optical Bonding for list of EMI shielding options
- EMI shielding along the perimeter of touch screens
INCREASED OPERATIONAL TEMPERATURE RANGE
While many standard displays are rated for -30C already, both displays and computer motherboards can be operational all the way at -40C with optional heaters. Heaters may be controlled via manual adjustment or automatically when paired with thermistors.